If you have an Upvc door, you may find that the mechanism eventually needs to be changed. This is not a difficult task, but it is one that you will need to be careful with in order to avoid damaging your door. In this blog post, we will show you how to change the mechanism on your Upvc door step-by-step.
- Start by removing the screws that are holding the cover plate in place. There should be three screws in total.
- Once the cover plate has been removed, take a picture of the current configuration of the gears and springs so that you can reference it later when reassembling everything.
- Next, remove the gearbox from the door by unscrewing the four screws that are holding it in place. Once again, reference the current configuration so that you can put everything back together correctly later on.
- Now it’s time to actually remove the mechanism from the door. To do this, first remove the two screws that are holding the top part of the mechanism in place. Then, slide the mechanism out of the slot in the door and remove the bottom part of the mechanism by unscrewing the two screws that are holding it in place.
- You should now have everything disassembled and ready to be put back together with your new mechanism. Slot everything back into place and screw everything back together following your reference picture from earlier.
- Once everything is screwed back into place, test out your new mechanism to make sure it’s working properly before putting your cover plate back on and screwing it into place.
- And there you have it! You have now successfully changed the mechanism on your Upvc door without any problem.
Changing the mechanism on your Upvc door is not a difficult task, but it is one that requires care and precision in order to avoid any damage to your door. Follow these simple steps and you will have your new mechanism up and running in no time!